Sunday, January 27, 2013

Waking up...

I'm just an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life, looking for something EXTRAORDINARY. 

This July will mark my seventh year living in Austin, and it has occurred to me that I don't know this city as well as I should. As a matter of fact, I feel like I don't know this city at all anymore. So much has changed and grown in the city since 2006. So much of ME has changed and grown since 2006. 

When I first got here, I had so much drive, ambition, spark, and excitement in my heart, and I wanted to learn everything about this city the moment I arrived! I remembering venturing out on my own on the weekends, and getting lost, but loving every moment of it. I remember checking out everything that Austin locals told me I "had to" try. And I wasn't scared of anything. I was HAPPY and CONTENT.

The past few months, I have found myself to be UNHAPPY and RESTLESS. I've been doing a lot of soul-searching lately, and I think I'm unhappy because I got here with such big dreams and goals, and I have not seen any of those things to fruition. Somewhere along my way, I lost the spark and the ambition that I loved so much. 

So, with that, I've decided to start another blog to help my creative, fun side come back to life again. I've missed it. I realized that when my soul is not happy, the rest of me isn't, either. .

Austin is the perfect place to find myself again, or find myself for the first time! I moved here because of my passion for music, but, sad to say, Life got the best of me, and I lost my way. I want to find it again, and really search for what's going to make me happy.

I also want to have fun on the way, so I've decided that I'm going to do one fun thing (with or without money) every week, and then come back to my blog and write about it. I'll be having fun, exploring the city that I love so much, and waking up the writer in me once again.

I want to come full circle with my life- I want to be both physically and mentally healthy, and I know once I get my motivation in full force, I will have it!! I have so many goals and dreams, and I believe it's never too late to get exactly what I want from my life!! 

I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences along the way, and who knows, maybe some of you can join me for the ride! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment